Friday, August 21, 2009

blah, blah, blah

Im conflicted. There are so many aspects of my life that I would love to brag/vent/share about it here, but am overwhelmed thinking about all that entails. I suppose I will learn as I go. I must say that I am encouraged though. I follow a couple of photographers' blogs, photographer mums who I admire and am inspired by. I was browsing through Jodies blog (HERE), and realised that the photos she was taking 2 years ago are looking similar to the photos I am taking now...which means that if I learn all I can and practice as much as possible (read: taking a LOT of pics of the boys), I might, just MIGHT start to come into my own. Im not saying that I will ever be as talented and brilliant as she is, but Im encouraged nonetheless.

So today. Only one word can really sum it all up: overwhelming. Between the boys, the dog, the mess of a house, I was a tad distraught. Tears were shed, my voice is lost from yelling, and I am wallowing. But, I did take some time out to get on the floor with the boys and play a bit...to remind myself of why I chose to be a mum in the first place.

The below pic is nothing special (was taken in a dark house with no creative inspiration whatsoever), but just a little something to remind me of whats important. Truly important.

At one point, the dog was afraid that Cade as going to steal her ball, and she covered it up with her paw to "guard" it. Of course Cade got to it in the end, and quickly shoved it in his mouth. Ah well, what doesnt kill ya makes ya stronger I suppose.

Operation Sexy: day 2. Havent taken meaurements or pics of myself just yet (it is on my to-do list...somewhere), but although I didnt get to go to the gym (again), I did do well with my eating. I truly do like eating healthy for the most part, its just the bloody inconvenience of cooking it...it takes so long, and in my household, where 2 minutes without Cade screaming doesnt exist, that makes it a tad difficult. But, Im commited to it, so I will do all I can to find ways. I did order some US Jello Pudding (the sugar-free, fat-free stuff), and made some tonight...oh yum!!

I am currently on the hunt for photoshop CS4 that is decently priced. Im ok with sticking with my Olympus E500 while I learn the art of photography, but I would rather not learn my Paint Shop Pro, only to change it all when I eventually switch over to Photoshop. So, the hunt continues...

Im hoping that this season I am going through with Cade will change soon as it is so hard to get more than 5 minutes to myself, he is just that clingy. So much I want to do/learn....





No comments:

Post a Comment