Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Door salesman and Kawasaki disease - the conclusion.

I should be having a shower. Being that both boys are actually sleeping at the same time (insert jaw drop here), I should be taking advantage of this rare opportunity by indulging in the joys of such a special treat. It really is amazing how the simplest of life's necessities can evolve into mere pleasures after having children. And yet, I feel the need to get online to update this thing...another indulgence. And so I remain stinky for a while longer...

So, after the dramas of last night, Jonno believed that the new energy company I had just signed up was actually quite a bit more expensive. So, phone calls we made this morning to try and halt the contract...and needless to say, their customer service was fantastic. Not only that, but I realised that the rates were in fact the same as our previous provider, and so we are now using green energy, paying no more to do so, and they gave us $25 credit for our troubles to boot. Hmm...maybe I shouldnt have been so judgemental about the whole thing...At least it has a happy ending.

The other good news is that Carter does not have Kawasaki disease, as his fever is abating, his eyes are whitening, and he is back to his normal self. He is still complaining of sore hands, and has added a sore tongue to the list of woes, so I am on the lookout for blisters to coincide with a Hand, Foot and Mouth diagnosis (self-diagnosis, mind you). I did still keep him home from preschool though as I dont know what he does have, and didnt want to send him there to start an epidemic. Which of course means, no gym for me today. :( Ah well, will stay active as much as possible over the next couple of days until I can get there on Thursday.

I am now in the process of getting videos onto my new ipod...a process that will take until Thursday when I need them, no doubt. Cade has just woken, and my hopes for a shower are lost again. Should have taken one.

No comments:

Post a Comment