Friday, August 28, 2009

Panic, park and prints










I am EXHAUSTED. Exhausted to the point where I'm not sure this post will make any sense. My head hurts, my feet hurt, my back hurts...the list goes on. It was a busy day. A busy, but glorious day.

Panic: I'm ridiculously fearful of people seeing my house dirty. I know deep down that no one really cares what it looks like. They know I have two boys (and dog) on my own everyday. And yet, I cant relax or enjoy myself if I can see mess everywhere I look. So, this morning, from the time I got out of bed until the time my guests arrived, I was cleaning. Cleaning the bathroom (yes, scrubbing toilets), putting away laundry (which was a little sad as the pile had started to become a permanent fixture on the dining room table), vacuuming, tidying, doing dishes. And yet, the house STILL looked like a bombsite. Ah well, it was a smaller bombsite than it was this morning.

Park: Ah, the park. My two lovely friends (one being a professional photographer) with their kids (minus 1) came over to mine, where all the littlies played for a while. Then we made our way to the park, just as the sun was starting to set. I have NO doubt that Leah (the photog) got some amazingly beautiful shots. Me...not so much. But there were a handful that turned out ok. The pics above are from our "session". I learned a LOT though, and that was the important thing. I feel so out of my depth with photography, but I'm determined to get as good as I possibly can. By the way...on-spot metering? Awesome. :)
Prints: I got my digital negatives today from our photo session with Leah a few weeks ago!! And she was lovely enough to surprise me with a beautiful belated birthday pressie...a framed pic of my favourite photo. I will make sure to take a photo of it and post it tomorrow. Just having them in my hot little hands makes me SO happy!
And so, sore (from carrying Cade in the sling for several hours), tired (read: KNACKERED), and satisfied...I head to bed. Yep, at 9pm. Must be a new world record. Now if I can wish Cade and Carter to sleep through...dreams can come true, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment